Splash in Shenzhen
Last month, the Splash team pulled up their flight socks and headed for the bright lights and imposing skyscrapers of Shenzhen, China.
The Event in Brief
This was our second consecutive year managing this matchmaking event, for our leading technology client, at the impeccable Grand Hyatt Hotel Shenzhen.
90 of the market’s leading Original Device Manufacturers (builders), were matched with over 150 of the industry’s Local Original Equipment Manufacturers (buyers), using our bespoke online matchmaking tool.
Meetings commenced across five of the hotel’s bedroom floors, occupying over 100 rooms, which were purposely converted to create comfortable meeting spaces.
The easy to use online tool, created by Splash, allowed meetings to be scheduled according to the correct business focuses, ensuring effective and profitable appointments took place.
The three-day event kicked off with a spectacular welcome reception, featuring traditional plate spinning dancers, with indulgent food stations and cocktails. On night two, delegates perused the demonstration area, where they met a very friendly robot and witnessed a special delivery via drone, to name just some of the innovative technologies that were on display. The event concluded in style with further spectacular food, drink and networking.
- The Matchmaking tool was a success for the second year running. Developed and managed by Splash, it is an effective solution that enables the event to reach its maximum ROI.
- The Event App allowed the delegates to be informed throughout the event. It was also a great tool to keep them engaged and interactive throughout, using the direct messaging functions, along with their personal schedules and travel information.
- Our seamless registration system saw that over 700 delegates arrived, via their individually scheduled transfers, to our two partner hotels. Personal branded html communications had been sent pre event detailing all the information they needed to join the event with ease.
- Our Splash family expanded, as we partnered with local staff to assist with registration and people management. It was fantastic to have four out of five of the same friendly faces that assisted us last year, all of whom were a great credit to our brand.
“Thanks again for all your support on this event. You and your team were fantastic! I’m looking forward to working with you again next year.”
– Global Training & Events Manager